Friday, January 30, 2009

So far behind: 19-30/365


Eek! Can I really be over 10 days behind?? Okay, here goes the major catchup.


January 19
The kids didn't have school so I took Lucy and Leah to the park in Livingston to play for a little while. Also took them to CiCi's for pizza and BK for icees. Laila spent the night with her grandparents because it was her turn. LOL..she reminds them of that all the time.

January 20
I subbed at the jr. high this day, and when I came home I found the family outside playing "baseball" with some very creative sports equipment. The "bat" was a pink plastic rake, and they used a whiffle ball for that baseball. Bases were provided by whatever was laying around the yard. It was quite a sight.


January 21
Every night before I go to bed, I get the clothes for the next day laid out on the ironing board so that it's not such a rush in the morning to get everyone ready. Since I started subbing, we have to get up almost an hour earlier to get everyone ready to go and to their designated places on time. Every little bit of time saved helps.


January 22
For the last two weeks, we have eaten, slept, and breathed cookie sales. Leah's goal was 100 boxes, and we have already surpassed that by quite a few boxes. It's been an awesome experience for us to share together. We will definitely do it again!


January 23
Just a simple snapshot of Curtis and me relaxing on the couch. Since I started subbing, we don't see each other very much, so this was one of the few moments during this week that we actually got to sit down and have a conversation.



January 24
Went to a baby shower for my friend Stacie. We had a great time and she got lots of really neat stuff, including the adorable outfit I got for her, which someone else apparently thought was adorable too, because she got two of them.

January 25

One of my very best friends' birthday was today, so I went over to help her try to get moved back into her house (got destroyed in Ike and they're just now finishing the repairs) and give her the book I bought for her. She loves Shel Silverstein, so I bought her Where the Sidewalk Ends, which she's been wanting for a long time. She loved it. January 26

Nothing of note happened today, so I decided to take a picture of my collection, my music boxes, which I've been collecting since I was 16. I've lost count over the years of how many I have, some have broken, I've gotten new ones, and I just recently got a really neat one for Christmas. Some day I'd like to have a curio cabinet to put them in, but I've been saying that for years, so we shall see.
January 27

The hubby had to request that I fold clothes today, as the pile has gotten out of hand. I wish I hired help just to fold the laundry. I don't mind any of the other chores, but that's one that I detest!
January 28

The girls go to AWANAS every Wednesday night. They love going to church and seeing all of their friends and working hard to memorize their Bible verses so that they can be checked off. It gives them a great sense of accomplishment, and makes Mommy proud as well. :)


January 29
We went to El Burrito, a local Mexican restaurant, to celebrate Curtis' 30th birthday with the kiddos. My parents went too, their treat, and we had a good time. Food was delicious as always. I'm so glad he's older than me now! LOL, at least for the next 9 months.

January 30
Career Day at the elementary school. The kids had to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. Leah told me she wanted to be a teacher. So I did the best I could do dress her up that way. Couldn't find a little suit like I wanted, but I did wait until the last minute, so what can ya do? Not pictured is Laila, who had a doctor's appointment, but insisted she wanted to be a princess when she grows up.


2 comments:

Scrapronicity said...

Your photos are just adorable and worth the wait. :) I had to laugh because I am AWFUL at folding clothes! I do the laundry but can't get myself to put the stuff away!

I'm impressed with your cookie sales. This is our first year selling (my daughter is a second year Daisy) and we sold 55 boxes. I just can't do anymore! Over 100 is fantastic...great job!

Take care,
Jodi :)

Scrappycook said...

I am impressed that you are keeping up with the daily photo - I love the idea of setting out the clothes for the next day. Our mornings are usually a disaster and maybe this would help us too!