Saturday, January 17, 2009

15,16&17/365: Homework, Awards, and Daddy's Girl

Got a little behind again. I had to work Friday. I substituted for a 5th grade science teacher. I prefer high school students, so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't as dreadful and out of control as I expected it to be. After work, I had to run to the grocery store and then we went and visited my MIL. Today has been a very lazy day. No one in the family has felt very well, so we've spent a lot of time resting. So, here's my attempt at 1/2 a week's catch-up.

January 15
Laila attempts to do her homework. We had a very serious discussion about spelling. She wasn't understanding my point of view, and I wasn't quite understanding why she wasn't understanding. Here she's asking me "But Mommy! Why can't the A go in the front?? I want the A in the front!!" Then it doesn't spell Laila, you silly!
January 16

Leah's awards ceremony for the 4th 6-weeks grading period. All A's and the Character Counts award, which means she's had exemplary behavior all year long. If only we could see some of that character at home. I guess I'd rather her be a charmer at school than treat her teachers like she treats her sisters.

January 17

Leah spent most of the weekend at a friend's house, and she was very excited to be home with her parents. Of all three of my girls, she is the self-proclaimed Daddy's Girl. She looks the most like him as well. I like to see them spending quality time together.

4 comments:

Luann said...

Love the homework picture her little hand just says it all!

Terri G. said...

How cute that your DD wants the A in front! And my kids are the same way about behaving like angels at school and not so angelic at home. :)

Unknown said...

ryc: Really? We dont live that far from each other in that case. I live on the NW side of Houston Between 290 and I10... and there are an abundance of HEB here- some of those market style ones that are so... luxurious!

Scrapronicity said...

Hi :) I got your e-mail, thanks for finding my blog! Your photos are terrific, I keep thinking I need to pay better attention to mine but I just sort of put them up as is. :) I'm looking forward to following your 365...